Welcome to Yogurt Gazebo, a blog about weird news from around the world...
Weird Fact:

Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating

Friday 26 November 2010

The world we live in.


Tracy Caldwell Dyson realises there's no place like home as she peers down at Earth from the highest vantage point possible - space.
Staring out of the windows of the International Space Station (ISS), the astronaut takes in the planet in all its wonderful glory.
Orbiting our planet about 217 miles up, the ISS is high enough so that the Earth's horizon appears clearly curved.
Astronaut Dyson's windows show some of Earth's complex clouds, in white, and life-giving atmosphere and oceans, in blue.
The space station orbits the Earth about once every 90 minutes and it is not difficult for people living below to spot it in the sky if they look carefully.
The ISS can frequently be seen as a bright point of light drifting overhead just after sunset. 
In fact, telescopes can even resolve the overall structure of the space station. 
The above image was taken in late September from the ISS's Cupola window bay.
Meanwhile, back on ISS, two Russian cosmonauts exited the station for a spacewalk to install equipment and perform maintenance.


Wow, what a beautiful world. This isn't really weird news, but something to share. I'm sure that would be really scary going up into space. You probably would have to do a lot of training, in order to be able to go into space. If I had the chance, I think I would go into space. Would you? Do you think you would be able to? Or, would you chicken out? It would be a pretty big decision. Anyway, what do you think about these pictures? I can't believe we live there! Not necessarily Egypt, but the world in general. Leave your thoughts in the comments area.



ISS Astronauts during a space walk. Construction of the station began in 1998 and will finish next year





4 comments:

  1. Interesting post, Mika. I am not sure how I feel about space travel. It worries me a little when we, as humans, mess with things that are so much bigger than us. Then again, however, I guess it is good to expand one's horizons...

    hmmm...

    I probably wouldn't want to make the voyage myself, when it comes down to it. I love to travel but I'll stick to our planet for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice post Mika! :)

    I can't quite believe that those pictures are of where WE live... (like you said, not Egypt, but the world :)...) I always wanted to go into space, and I still do!!! It would be utterly breath-taking!!! I think... and I think that if I took the training, that I'd be able to do it!!! All this talk of going into space is making me want to really badly just hop in a rocket ship and fly into the unknown!!! To infinity, and beyond!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all you have the most views out of everbody in the class and Did you know The Word We Live In is a song by the Killers ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love that song! Though, I didn't think about that when I thought of the title.

    ReplyDelete