Welcome to Yogurt Gazebo, a blog about weird news from around the world...
Weird Fact:

Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating

Monday 6 December 2010

SMOKING BABY?!?!?!?!

 I bet you are asking yourself, is Mika just kidding? Is the title of this blog post a hoax? Is she serious? Mika will answer that question for you now: 'Yep, it's right. I actually thought is was a rumor, but apparently not. There is such things as smoking babies on the planet." Now you're thinking: 
"BAH HUMBUG!" she's got to be joking, you can't be serious!!! Mika says: Still don't believe me? Click the link...
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/05/31/indonesia.smoking.baby/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=Google+International
Two-year-old Aldi yanked on his mother's hair and squirmed in her arms.
Tears formed a small pool in the folds of his double chin.
"He's crying because he wants a cigarette," said Diana, his mother, who like many Indonesians goes by only one name.
We caught up with Aldi, who is nearly twice the weight of other babies his age (20 kilograms or 44 pounds), and his mother at Jakarta's airport.
I just think it's revolting!!! A baby smoking? Are you kidding me? I can't even express my feelings on how I feel about this!!! I think it's poor parenting, (no offense.) I wonder how the baby got the cigarette in the first place? I know the video explains how he is exposed to smoking, but how did he get it in his hand? What do you think? There's nothing much to say other than it's wrong. Can you imagine the damage in the baby's body right now? 40 cigarettes a day? It's psycho!!! Do you think this is wrong? BAH HUMBUG!!!!
PS: For the voting poll at bottom of blog; the top square is yes, the one below is no...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mika!!! :)

    THAT'S SICKENING!!! I can't believe that a 2 year old SMOKES!!! Who is taking care of this kid?!?!?! I mean really!!! How the father even think that's it's slightly funny that his child is SMOKING!!! I mean grab a hold of yourself person! Don't you see what you're doing to your child?! And how could Aldi even know how TO smoke if someone didn't show him? So obviously... someone showed him, and who would do that?! I agree with you Mika, and think that that is EXTREMELY bad parenting (no offense)!!! Good find Mika! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh! When I saw the title of this post I had to see the article straight away. It is simply disgusting. How can the mother live with herself when her 2 yesr old child smokes 40 cigarettes a day? It's sickening!
    It's bad parenting too. If both the mother and the father had quit, how had Aldi gotten a cigarette, not to mention, how did it get lit?
    And how the mother just wants him to quit because of the money... She should be concerned about his health! He could die so much younger!
    Don't be surprised if it says this comment was posted at like 2:50... I couldn't sleep...
    And yes, I am the proud 799th viewer, Mika!!
    Rana:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG how come 80% said it is not wrong that a baby is smoking, a baby smoking is disgusting too even think about, as Mika would say "Tu me degout"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mac, you know me well. Jade would say that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes unfortunatly I have actually heard of this before. I think the video had said that his mother first saw him with a cigarette at the market one day and I'm assuming that someone gave it to him hoping for some entertainment (because like the reporter said people didn't think it was wrong, they found it entertaining). And yes I agree with Mac, why did 2 people vote that it was okay for the baby to smoke??? I don't get it! Just the thought of it is totally repulsive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, thanks Mika for your comment on my blog. I take it you're a fan of Usher? Anyway, cool post!!
    Rana:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is quite ridiculous. I saw a video of this child on Youtube a while ago but I have never seen a news report about him. I find it so sad that a child could be addicted to something that he or she never chose to consume in the first place.

    ReplyDelete