Welcome to Yogurt Gazebo, a blog about weird news from around the world...
Weird Fact:

Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Michael Jackson... ALIVE?


Sorry, he's not :(
More than a year after his death, Michael Jackson continues to be controversial.
"Hold My Hand," the brand-new Jackson song featuring R&B singer Akon, was officially released on Monday as the first single off next month's posthumous album, "Michael."
Jackson and Akon recorded the song in 2007; at the time, Jackson felt it was not ready for release. Three years later, Jackson's estate claims that MJ left a handwritten note asking for "Hold My Hand" to be the album's first official single. But "Black eyed peas" star Will.i.am. thinks that collaborators should let the King of Pop rest in peace.
When I first saw this, I got really scared thinking that he was alive. Or that someone took over for him, (sounding exactly like him, but a different person.) If you read the rest of the link/article you would of seen that Will.i.am thought this was disrespectful to the"King of Pop". I don't really know how to feel about this. In my opinion, I don't think it's that disrespectful, because he already recorded it almost three years ago. But it also doesn't seem right for them to distribute a song without him here. I'm not sure. What do you think? Was this disrespectful to "The King of Pop"? Or not? Leave your thoughts in the comments box.
PS: Also include if you are a fan of Michael Jackson or not.
Article: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/11/16/new-michael-jackson-song-best-posthumous-collaboration-time/

pic:http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2009/06/michael_jackson.php

11 comments:

  1. No because everybody likes Michael Jackson and I don't think he would mind even if he was alive. No I'm not a fan but have you ever heard the song. Michael Jackson sounds so much younger.

    Jacob:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that it is disrespectful to him or his name, because HE recorded it himself, and he had ASKED for it to be the album's first official single!!! I mean of course he didn't expect to die...(sob, sob :(...) But he still wrote that note, so it doesn't make it wrong to do that at all... in my opinion. He can still look down on us from heaven, so his permission is still valid! :) Good find Mika!!! :)


    P.S. Oh... and guess what........................ 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :O :O :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... I forgot... Sorry! :S I'm a HUGE fan of Michael!!! His songs are amazing and VERY thought provoking!!! :) :) :) Sorry again... :S

    P.S. 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also an MJ fan. Has anyone heard of the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show that is coming to Vancouver next November? It sounds pretty cool.

    As for artists post-humously releasing recordings, I am not sure how I feel. There are some hip hop artists, such as Tupac, who have 'released' songs for years after their death. I find this a little strange. Is there, perhaps, a reason why the artist chose not to release these songs? Who is benefitting, financially, from the release of these songs if the artist is no longer alive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mika, Mika, Mika!!! Guess what............ 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well... technically 1 and a half.... But... 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!! I've been waiting my whole life for this moment!!! Well, the moment to come in "2" Days, at 9:50PM!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Mika!!! :)

    I just looked at a bunch of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" trailers on YouTube, and the best ones by far (in my opinion), are the following: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Trailer Official HD", and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Trailer 2 Official HD"!!! :) Just thought I'd let you know before the biggest most epic event of this WHOLE century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Just thought I'd give you some information between two HUGE, GINORMOUS, HARRY POTTER FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you got the Michael Scott quotes on your blog, aren't they just awesome?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I love them anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  10. TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyy gooooooooooodnnnnnnessssss!!!!!!!!! Most EPIC, AMAZING, FANTASTIC, UTTERLY OUTSTANDING MOVIE!!!!! I saw it twice, and I was still excited on the second time!!! I'm in toooooo much suspense!!! The ending is utterly painful!!!! I can't take the excruciating pain......... OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH the agony!!! :)

    P.s. Tell me what you about it after you go see it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete