Welcome to Yogurt Gazebo, a blog about weird news from around the world...
Weird Fact:

Tablecloths were originally meant to be served as towels with which dinner guests could wipe their hands and faces after eating

Thursday 28 October 2010

Is she an EVIL TEACHER?

A teacher in Cape Breton, N.S., was disciplined after she allegedly taped a first-grader to a chair during class.
In early October, a mother claimed a teacher at Greenfield Elementary taped her daughter's legs to a chair. She demanded the teacher be punished and the school apologize.
Lorne Greene, chairman of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board, confirmed the teacher had been disciplined and said he personally apologized to the girl's mother.
Greene wouldn't say what disciplinary action was taken against the teacher, who is still employed with the school.

Do you think the child deserved this? I mean being tied to the chair? If you were a student would you stand there and watch this? I mean, if the teacher did this during class. Do you think the teacher should still be allowed to teach at this school? Or even teach? What do you think? Please say your opinion in the comments area...

10 comments:

  1. Cape Breton is in Nova scotia, Canada.
    Forgot to mention that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did the child do to get taped to the chair? If I was Lorne Greene, I would have fired the teacher because I don't think you have any right to tape someone to a chair unless it's a joke, but never to discipline someone, especially a first grader! I also thought it was weird that the chairman of the Cape Breton-Victoria Regional School Board's last name is GREENE and the school that the incident happened in was called GREENfield Elementary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did the kid get taped to a chair?? Mabye she was a bad kid? Either way taping a kid to a chair is not on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, why did the kid get taped to the chair, even if he/she was a bad kid that is just something you wouldn't do to a kid. If I was a student watching I would probably not have the guts to tell the teacher that what she was doing is wrong, but it would really be the right thing to do.

    I'm soo glad I have such a kind, responsible teacher who I know would never do something as outrageous as that.
    Yay, Mme Miles! :)

    -Emily

    P.S. I think that the mother of the student did the right thing in telling the school district, and I think they should of responded better by maybe firing the teacher, or forcing her to take a break for a while to think about what she has done, and what she could've done better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever the kid was doing, it still doesn't give the right for the teacher to tape her to the chair. Do you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! That teacher sounds wacko! I mean who would tape a kid to a chair?! Let alone a first grader! Why would she do that? And I think that Lorne Greene sounds a little suspicious because he wouldn't say what kind of punishment the teacher received... but she's still employed at the school... Hmmmm... Very suspicious... Very suspicious indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so irritating that the teacher is still allowed to teach there!!!!! What DID the kid do???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch, that would be tough. I wonder why she was taped to the chair? I guess the teacher would of been pretty upset to do something so...severe??
    What if she had to go to the washroom? What then?
    I guess it would of hurt if she was wearing a skirt to have the tape taken off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ya, I completely agree with everyone's comments, but what could a first grader do to get TAPED!!! to a chair? I mean I can see a punishment if the kid hit the teacher or something but not getting taped to a chair!! Hey Mika do you know how long the poor child had to suffer?

    Ch

    ReplyDelete